Your coaching session with me can take several different forms depending on what your needs and preferences are. Most coaching sessions will use one or more of these formats.
During each coaching session we will talk on Skype (Please have a microphone) and share screens using Teamviewer or Mikogo.
- Database Review - We review your statistics using Hold'em Manager or Poker Tracker. Based on your data, we find the areas of your game that are your strengths, and the areas of your game which are likely to be spots where you can make more money. This is the best for students who have not had coaching before and ones who plan to have several sessions where we analyze the spots in greater detail.
- Live Play Recording - You record yourself playing a 45-60 minute session of poker using Camtasia or Camstudio, and we analyze the hands that you play. This is the best format for players who are working on their overall strategy and those who are looking for leaks that might not show up in their statistics.
- Hand History Review - You select 10-15 hands that you want to discuss and we go into them in detail. If the hands are all based on a specific theme, I can add some of my own to bring to the discussion. This format is best for players who are advanced and aware of their strengths and weaknesses.
- Sweat Session - You load up the games you normally play and sharing screens I explain my thought processes to you in real time. This format is good for developing good habits, but can be disappointing based on the actual hands that come up. This can be effectively cheaper (on average) than other formats depending on your win-rate.
- Question/Answer - You write down several of your biggest questions about NLHE and we discuss them. This format is best if you are interested in talking about general strategy and you are aware of situations that you haven't mastered yet.